The Business + Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) is looking for interns to support a fast-paced, growing organization. This position will help support BHER’s role in the skills, talent, and education policy ecosystem.
This position will work directly with members of the Work-Integrated Learning team, supporting the research and product development agenda and helping deliver on our mandate from the federal government. A knack for reading and writing, a love of research, strong communication skills, and a passion for post-secondary education and the future of Canada’s workforce are the most important factors in a successful candidate.
There is one (1) product development and research intern position available.
40 hours per week, with some weekend and evening requirements. Some travel may be required. Length of term is from September 2020 to April 2021 (approximately 30-33 weeks) with a negotiable start and end date.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Comparable to the pay scale for the Government of Canada employees per year
- A key role in a leading growing organization with a committed focus on employee professional development
Remote, with potential for in-person work in Toronto or Ottawa (but not required)
July 7, 2020 at 4 p.m. EST.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research: Supports qualitative and/or quantitative research and analysis through analyzing public policies and programs, engaging with the results of research from partner organizations, and doing research on issues related to Canada’s work-integrated learning environment.
- Writing and Communication: Assist in the preparation of project information and statistics needed for case studies and other communication products. Will work with other BHER staff to communicate research outcomes to key stakeholders in a concise and easy to understand way.
- Product Development: Support BHER’s development of products (i.e., tools, templates, and other resources) which will involve research, planning, prototyping, and testing.
- Organizational Support: Assist the WIL team in other priorities as required. The ability to be flexible and pivot priorities quickly is recommended.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution in an undergraduate program
- Exceptional volunteer, campus, or community service experience
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Proven ability to gather, analyze, and explain complex information
- Strong logical and critical reasoning skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Computer proficiency, including experience using Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Interested in a career in public policy, government, or the not-for-profit sector
- A passion for issues relating to Canadian business, innovation, and/or post-secondary education
- Understanding of small and medium enterprises and their operations in rural / urban settings
- Knowledge of the work-integrated learning, experiential learning, and/or co-op ecosystem
- Understanding of a range of research and evaluation methodologies; knowledge of how to interpret research study results
The Business + Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization bringing together some of Canada’s largest companies and leading post-secondary institutions. Since 2015, BHER has worked to harness the strengths of Canada’s business and post-secondary education sectors to build opportunities for young Canadians, boost innovation and drive collaboration. Learn more at www.bher.ca.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 7, 2020 at 4 p.m. EST.