Product Development and Research Interns (2)
The Business / Higher Education Roundtable is looking for two summer interns to support a fast-paced, growing organization. This position will help support BHER’s role in the skills, talent, and education policy ecosystem.
This position will work directly with members of the Work-Integrated Learning team, supporting the research and product development agenda and helping deliver on our mandate from the federal government. A knack for reading and writing, a love of research, strong communication skills, and a passion for post-secondary education and the future of Canada’s workforce are the most important factors in a successful candidate.
There are two product development and research intern positions available.
40 hours per week, with some weekend and evening requirements. Some travel may be required. Length of term is from May to September 2020 (approximately 14-16 weeks) with a negotiable start and end date.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Comparable to the pay scale for the Government of Canada employees per year
- A key role in a leading growing organization with a committed focus on employee professional development
Ottawa or Toronto (flexible)
March 1, 2020
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research: Supports qualitative and/or quantitative research and analysis through analyzing public policies and programs, engaging with the output of ongoing studies, and doing research on issues related to Canada’s work-integrated learning environment.
- Writing and Communication: Assist in the preparation of project information and statistics needed for case studies and other communication products. Communicate research outcomes to key stakeholders in a concise and easy to understand way.
- Product Development: Support other BHER products throughout the product development process, including research, planning, prototyping, and testing.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Exceptional volunteer, campus, or community service experience
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Proven ability to gather, analyze, and explain complex information
- Strong logical and critical reasoning skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Computer proficiency, including experience using Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Interested in a career in public policy, government, or the not-for-profit sector
- A passion for issues relating to Canadian business, innovation, and/or post-secondary education
- Understanding of how small and medium enterprises (SMEs) operate / function in urban and rural settings
- Understanding of a range of research and evaluation methodologies and methods
- Experience with Tableau
- Knowledge of user-centred design thinking and UX/UI design
- Knowledge of the work-integrated learning, experiential learning, and/or co-op ecosystem
Launched in 2015 by the Business Council of Canada, the Business/Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) represents some of Canada’s largest companies and leading post-secondary institutions. BHER harnesses the strengths of some of Canada’s top businesses, universities, and colleges to deepen collaboration and improve opportunities for young Canadians. Learn more at www.BHER.ca.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 1, 2020.