StFX, CCC sign three-year agreement to research cannabis
St. Francis Xavier University is pleased to announce it has signed an agreement with Cultivator Catalyst Corporation (CCC), whose wholly owned Nova Scotia based subsidiary, THC Dispensaries Canada Inc (THC Inc) became a licensed producer of cannabis on November 30, 2017 under Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
This is a three-year multi-disciplinary agreement where StFX will seek research collaboration opportunities with CCC and its subsidiaries on the development of proprietary solutions for the commercial cannabis industry. Specific areas of collaboration include the following:
- Creation of unique cannabis genetics that may be used in clinical trials that CCC intends to undertake
- Development of new delivery methods and mechanisms for cannabis into the human body
- Research into new approaches for growing and cultivating cannabis at an industrial scale
- Assistance in sourcing human capital for CCC with a particular focus on StFX students and graduates
- Work with regional and provincial authorities to support these activities