CEO Champion: Dave McKay, President and CEO, RBC
Goal: 10,000 new placements in the financial services by 2020
Sector Partner: The Toronto Financial Services Alliance
- 14 employer partners
- 27 post-secondary education partners
- Designed and delivered the first sector roadshow in January 2018
- Ongoing professional development and networking opportunities.
Visit ASPIRE's website to get involved and learn more.
CEO Champions: Tom Gitzel, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cameco Corporation and Don Lindsay, President and Chief Executive Officer, Teck Resources Limited.
Goal: 1000 new placements in the financial services by 2020
Sector partner: The Mining Industry Human Resources Council
- Accepting employer applications.
- Hosting a 2-day Virtual Career Fair, with approx. 12 mining companies and a few hundred students registered.
- Developing training materials to help managers transition to working with work-integrated learning students.
- Attending numerous industry events to increase # of companies participating.
Visit Gearing Up's website to learn more and get involved.
CEO Champions: Marc Parent, President and Chief Executive Officer, CAE
Goal: Increase internships by 20% over 2017
Sector partner: Canadian Mobility and Aerospace Insitute
- Leveraged members of the Montreal Aerospace Institute (currently scaling membership across Canada)
- Currently developing specific internship mandates
- Engagement with other organizations in Canada is underway (CCAA, AIAC, AeroMontreal and others)
Sector champion: Linda Hasenfratz, President and CEO, Linamar Corporation
Goal: 10,000 new placements in advanced manufacturing
Sector Partner: Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- Established goals and deliverables
- Established working group of representatives from 40 potential industry participants
CEO Champions: David Filipchuk, President and Chief Executive Officer, PCL Constructors Inc.
Sector partner: Canadian Construction Innovations
Progress: More updates forthcoming