The Business + Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) is the only national, non-profit, member-based organization in Canada that brings together leaders from businesses and post-secondary institutions to tackle skills and talent challenges and that works to create a stronger culture of innovation and research partnerships in Canada.
Our mandate is to convene with purpose and we pride ourselves on bringing together engaged leaders from across sectors and regions who are committed to collaboration and building a better Canada. We are pleased to announce the appointment of our Board of Directors for 2023/2024.
At our Annual General Meeting, BHER’s members voted to reappoint:
- David McKay, Board Chair, President and CEO of RBC
- Don Bureaux, Board Vice-Chair (College Sector) and Treasurer, President of Nova Scotia Community College
- Dr. Vivek Goel, Board Vice-Chair (University Sector), President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Waterloo
- John Baker, Board Member, President and CEO of D2L
- Goldy Hyder, Board Member, President and CEO of the Business Council of Canada
- Marc Parent, Board Member, President and CEO of CAE
- Dr. Larry Rosia, Board Member, President and CEO of Saskatchewan Polytechnic
In addition to these esteemed returning members, we also welcome Dr. Rhonda Lenton as a new Board Member. Rhonda is the President and Vice-Chancellor of York University and a recognized champion of community engagement in higher education.
We appreciate the time, service, and expertise that each of our Board Members brings to BHER. Together, and with our broader membership, they empower us to continue our important work. You can learn more about each Board Member here.